Thursday, March 22, 2012

Record Heat in St. Pete Beach

Temperature records in Minnesota have been set since we arrived in Florida nearly two weeks ago. Our friends and family have suggested that we should have stayed home! We certainly would have enjoyed the unseasonably warm March weather in the Twin Cities, but here we've been able to swim at all hours of the day and you really can't beat Florida in the winter

Still, near 90-degree temperatures in March are record breaking in the Tampa Bay area. The days are a little warm and sunny for me! My fair skin doesn't respond well to this unremitting heat and and sun. I am blotchy, rather than tanned, and full of hives from the sun.

Bob and I have thought about spending our winters in Florida. I really don't know if I could stand this, day after day, month after month. Tampa Bay boasts of sun 360 days of the year! 360 days is a lot, when you start adding up the months and years.

I'm looking forward to a Minnesota spring, even if it is a bit early this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment