Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day of Rest


My arms now look like two hunks of corned beef. Not sunburned, really, just irritated, wrinkled and red. We went to the beach this morning to avoid apending the hottest part of the day in the sun.

We've got the beach routine down pretty well. Two bags: a beach bag and one of my all-purpose Sportsacs. We carried two chairs and two beach umbrellas. When we got to our spot near the water, we set up the first umbrella. The wind was a little gusty and I was soon chasing the umbrella down the beach. Undeterred, Bob tied the umbrella to his beach chair, so that it shaded both of us quite well. We didn't attempt to raise the second umbella.

The gulf was a little colder today and the waves were more fun that the calm water last week. Very refreshing. After swimming, I walked up the beach to the Grand Plaza Hotel, a mistake since by then the sun was blazing in full mid-day glory. Corned beef arms felt crispy. We left the beach at about one and had roast beef sandwiches at home.

We picked up the new phone at Best Buy (yea!) and stopped at Publix for jumbo shrimp (yum!) and frozen pizza. Perfect supper on the deck. I watched the storm clouds passing over but decided that it was safe to swim in the pool. Thunder and lighting earlier in the evening dissipated and I enjoyed my dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment