Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beach and Sun

Yesterday, the Tampa area was the fourth hottest in the country (don't know what cities made up the top three). Apparently the temperature reached 87 degrees, but it didn't really feel that hot. Today was another matter, because we headed over to the beach for about three hours. Fortunately, we arrived shortly before 11 and found a parking spot.

We had two of those very low beach chairs and I warily slipped down to the sand, wondering if I'd be able to get up. The two-year-old right knee is fine but the left tends to slip in and "out of joint" so I had my doubts. Fortunately, I was fine. The gulf felt chilly after the somewhat oppressive warmth of our swimming pool, but the water was clear, clean and very refreshing. I had my swim goggles so was spared the burning, stinging eyes.

We were both in and out of the water several times and left the beach around 2 p.m. Had lunch on the deck and, for several hours, watched three manatees float just under the surface in front of our resort. The shaded deck provided welcome respite from the heat of this sunny afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment