Monday, March 19, 2012

St Pete Beach from the Heights

The rose colored building on the left is our condo complex.
I wish we had known how beautiful the views are from the restaurant at the top of the Grand Plaza Hotel when Beatrice and Yvon Paquin were with us last week. We stopped at Spinners for appetizers but skipped right to dinner. The space itself is light and mirrored, and the outside ring where diners are seated turns a full revolution in in 80 minutes. Plaques between the picture windows identify the direction and the distance of destinations on all the continents.

The overbuilding is shocking and the higher view simply confirms my sense that the population density is much too high, and development has been largely unmanaged.

Our server seemed new (she put the twist in Bob's scotch but gave Bob my martini, who thought he was getting the water he ordered!), but our meals were beautifully prepared. Bob's strip steak was a little rare for his taste (delicious to me!) and my seafood cavatappi was full of shrimp, scallops and clams. Too much food for me so we have a pasta side dish in the fridge lunch or dinner today.

No comments:

Post a Comment