Friday, March 23, 2012

Dinner at Don Cesar's

We grabbed a quick lunch at Bubba Gump's in Madeira Beach and came home around mid-afternoon. I packed my bag and went for a last swim.


This evening we had dinner at the famous Don Cesar Hotel on the beach. We didn't have any dress clothes -- nothing "casual chic" enough for La Maritana -- so I made a reservation at the Sea Porch, were we dined outside under cover, looking out at a courtyard that reminded me of the city square in Salamanca, spain. A guitarist from Colombia provided the entertainment, as did the the steady stream of hotel guestes heading back and forth between the hotel and the beach. The two large hotel pools were absolutely beautiful and I would have loved to go for a swim. Another time!

Bob had the salmon and I enjoyed four delicious sea scallops arranged around caribbean rice. We share key lime soufflé for dessert. After our meal, we walked down to the beach and saw the end of a beach wedding, a little disappointed that the sunset fizzled out on our last night. Too many clouds, so we left the beach, gassed up the car, cleaned out the fridge and finished our packing.


Home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment